Our Number One Goal: Helping Women Become Financially Secure
My name is Sandy Franks. For over 25 years I’ve worked in the financial publishing industry. I’ve also co-authored two best-selling finance books, Barbarians of Wealth and Barbarians of Oil. Over the years, one thing about this business has never changed – ALL of the personal financial advice out there was (and still is) written for men.
Of course, there are a few books, newsletters and courses for women. But ironically, most of them were created by men! As you can imagine, there’s a distinct “disconnect” when this occurs.
Not only is there a gender disparity in the world of finance, but there’s a generational one too. Women today face far different financial challenges than their own mothers did just 20 or 30 years ago.
For example, consider how many of the following financial situations apply to you right now, or could apply to you in the near future:
- With more women graduating from college today – many have tens of thousands of dollars of school loans that need to be paid back.
- Because of inflation and accrued debt, many households require BOTH partners to work full-time just to make ends meet.
- As divorce rates climb, many women have to dramatically adjust their monthly budgets – even if they receive alimony payments.
- More and more women face the numerous financial challenges of raising their children – even if they’re still receiving child support payments.
- Since the economy has taken a turn for the worse over the last several years, many adult children are moving back home to live with their parent(s).
- With people living longer than ever before, many women between the ages of 35-55 today are part of “The Sandwich Generation” who have to take care of their children and their aging parents, which can be emotionally and financially stressful.
- In most marriages, the husband is responsible for handling financial matters, but if he dies or leaves, many women are left clueless about paying their own bills and how they’ll make ends meet.
Also, because women typically live longer than men today, they have to worry about how they will be provided for if their spouses die before they do.
Because of today’s rapidly shifting financial world, I collaborated with a select group of successful women from all backgrounds and experiences to form The Women’s Financial Alliance.
It’s a first-of-its-kind community created BY women FOR women
The truth is, nothing quite like the Alliance exists. Our goal is to help women of all ages and income levels learn how to become financially independent and secure. We offer advise and recommendations on how to manage your money , including day to day household expenses; and ways to grow and protect your wealth. But what good is being financially secure if you aren’t happy and healthy. That’s why we share articles and essays on living healthy and happy.
But don’t let the word financial fool you. We are more than just a group of women who talk about money.
We discuss and advise on a range of topics.
You see, we realized that a woman’s personal finances are just ONE part of a her life. There are also parenting… her career… her relationship… managing daily household chores… and health issues. All of these things need to be addressed on a regular basis.
We like to think of ourselves as the “go to” place for women who want answers, no matter if the questions are finance-related or not. We want to be here when you need career advice, travel suggestions… or when you simply need a little bit of encouragement.
Here at The Women’s Financial Alliance we have the insight and unique ability to present information in a way that relates to how women experience life.
Your financial future and personal well-being are important to us.
To your happiness,
Founder, Women’s Financial Alliance and
Crusader for Women’s Rights to Wealth